Well, it may not be Niagara Falls, but McGowan Falls in Durham was a lovely place for a picnic. My friend, J, and I took the kids one afternoon and though it was threatening rain we had a great time. The kids enjoyed swimming, catching frogs, playing at the park and exploring the little island in the middle of the river. Matthew was especially adept at crossing a log bridge to the island. Most of the others just waded across. I have to confess to being a little nervous crossing the bridge over the dam - you could see the rushing water right underneath you! It was a bit dizzying if you stared for too long. We'd like to borrow a GPS and come back sometime because I found this place on Geocaching.com along with some others nearby. I've promised the kids we can come back soon. They would like to check out the trails along the river.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment