Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This is the view out our patio doors this morning. Isn't it beautiful? The snow started yesterday afternoon and continued late into the evening. Not bad considering the forecast was for 1-3cm! They are calling for an additional 1-3cm this afternoon!

Yesterday afternoon, Adrian's Mum, our friend S and I went to see an Irish dancing performance at a nearby small theatre. We hadn't been to this theatre before and were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere. The theatre is lovely inside, complete with creaking stairs and wooden banisters. The seats we had in the balcony were actually quite good. We could see right out to the stage without any problem. The performers were younger than I was expecting and wow! the energy they had to continue through the hour and a half of dancing was amazing. The only strange part to this experience was that there was no information given about the dancers or where they were from. I did a little search online when we got home and found that they are from Windsor and tour throughout southwestern Ontario. Very nice!

When we left home to head to the theatre it was snowing, but by the time we reached the theatre about 35 minutes later it was just rain coming down. Two hours after that, however, we had to drive home through the snow. The roads were slushy and the snowflakes were huge - my favourite kind of snowflakes, except that I prefer to appreciate their beauty from the comfort of my own home, not driving through them. It was still light while we were driving though and we all got home safely.

Today, I'm wondering what the turnout will be for Christianity Explored. With more snow coming this afternoon and some people who usually attend coming from out of town, we may have a much smaller group. This particular episode is a good one about grace. We're on session five of six and so far we've been very happy with how things have gone. Hopefully, the people attending these sessions are taking away something that will keep them wanting to search the Scriptures.

Well, it's 8:30am and the boys are already suiting up to go outside to play. I think I may just join them in a bit - Nicholas has just informed me it's terrific packing snow!

2 comments:

At Home on the Rock... said...

Beautiful pics!

It's 15 degrees here in Newfoundland today. I'm hoping our snow holds off for a long time!

Shannon said...

Truthfully, I'd rather have 15 degrees than the snow, but it is rather pretty. We're under a snowsquall warning now and it's been coming down again for a couple of hours. I don't mind snow like this on the days we don't need to go anywhere. Travelling through it is not my favourite thing to do!