This morning I did my final run in the Couch to 5K program! Thirty minutes of running non-stop, plus five minutes warm up and a few minutes cool down. It's taken me a total of 20 weeks to complete this 9 week program (eek!), but I kept at it. My total distance each workout is still just over a kilometre short of the 5K goal, but that's no big deal. My next goal is to increase my speed so that I can reach that 5K mark within my total workout time (about 38-40 minutes in total, including walking times at beginning and end).
I know that I have not done this on my own strength. I have used my workouts as times for reflection and prayer (okay, and I've put a movie on occasionally to help pass the time so I wasn't focusing so much on the clock) and God has given me the strength to do this through some very difficult times! I wanted to give up so many times!
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's great, Shannon! Congrats!
Post a Comment