Thursday, October 2, 2008

Over 6000 Steps

I borrowed Adrian's pedometer today to track how many steps I take when helping the boys do their paper routes. This afternoon we managed to get the two routes that must be delivered today done and it didn't even rain the entire time! The last small route is for a different paper and we have until Friday each week to deliver it. Usually we do that one on Thursdays as well, but with the rain today, the kids still not feeling 100% and the large new route to figure out we decided to leave that one until tomorrow.

The final tally on the pedometer was just over 6100 steps. I figure my pace to be about 75cm (heel to heel) so that makes it approximately 4.5km. That's just the two routes and actually, since Andrew and Nicholas did part of it this morning on their own, that would bring it closer to 5km. I'm curious now to add the last route to that and see what the total is for all three. I'll have to borrow the pedometer again tomorrow!

Of course, the boys walk even further than I do since they are the ones who are going up and down the driveways (I pull the wagon). Matthew surely walks more than the rest of us, because he runs ahead and comes back repeatedly through the route!

I'm really glad that we decided to save the last route for tomorrow - it is raining and hailing out there now! We came inside and had a snack with hot chocolate to warm us up. It's really starting to feel much colder out there. I'm not looking forward to winter!

No comments: