This morning we headed to Grandma's (K's) house for a visit with cousins E and C who are there for the weekend sans parents. We had a lovely time! E was absolutely thrilled to play with the boys. She and Matthew get along really well and always enjoy playing together. I think it's because E is two years younger (she's almost 6) and thinks the games Matthew comes up with to play are just the best. Quite a change from his brothers' reactions! lol! Matthew wasn't so enamoured of C's interventions in the games and had to be reminded that C is only 2.5 years old and to cut him some slack.
The kids all played until lunchtime, then again for a while afterwards. C had a little nap on the couch in the basement while K and I had a chat and the other kids played, then I took the older ones upstairs to get ready to go in the hot tub. They all had a great time in the hot tub and C joined in after he'd fully woken up from his nap and had a snack. Before we left Andrew put on a little magic show for everyone while Matthew provided background music on the piano. E made a lovely magician's assistant for Andrew. Very cute!
I even got a few cuddles with C today. I was surprised he let me hold him since we don't see them that often. He's not really used to me being around and usually shies away, but he snuggled right in. It was so nice!
Today reminded me of just one of the reasons I am glad we homeschool. The boys don't see their cousins very often now that one is in grade one, two are in kindergarten and another two go to preschool a couple of days a week. Weekends are always busy for all the families and weather is a huge factor right now since they all live about an hour and a half away from us. If we didn't homeschool we'd miss out on visits like the one we had today. And those memories are precious.
2 comments:
What a great day --- sounds like everyone had a good time. Ooohhh...a hot tub....I would love to have one of those.
Adrian's Dad usually has the temperature set at the mid- to high-nineties F so the kids can enjoy a splash in the hot tub and not be overheated. If adults are expected he just heats it a bit more. Honestly, I've spent more time watching kids in it than I've spent enjoying it myself. Mostly a time factor! lol! I do like relaxing in it every now and then though.
Post a Comment