Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

This is the first year the boys have taken an interest in playing pranks on April 1. Andrew spearheaded the movement in our household and has made our morning rather interesting. He has taken a real keen interest in pranks this year, so the others had to join in, of course! He put a plastic water bottle, half-filled with water and left open, on the top of Nick's door (Nick discovered it and managed to "disarm" it); put tinfoil across the inside top of the shampoo bottle; set out a little "search for 4 paper monkeys" for us - except there were only 3 monkeys to find; told me a riddle (Name the only green mammal there is.); set all the bedroom clocks ahead an hour and says there is more to come. Nicholas set out a monkey trail for his brothers, too; poured a cup of water on Matthew's bed (that one did not go over well as I had to strip the bed and will have to dry everything - well, I decided I might as well wash the sheets while I'm at it). Matthew and Nicholas also tried to have a water pistol fight upstairs. Nice.

I'm not sure what else is in store, but I'm hoping good behaviour is part of it!

No comments: