Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring at Camp

Junior Soccer Field

Volleyball Court

Senior Soccer Field

Steps to the PondThe Real Pond


On the Nature Trail
We took a trip to camp today to check for signs of early wildflowers. The snow is pretty much all gone, but in its place are several small ponds! The boys had their rubber boots on, but Matthew still came home soaked. He literally poured the water out of his boots! But what fun is it if you can't get wet, right? It was really warm out - see the pic of the thermometer on the side of the Red Cabin below!


I'm planning on coming back often in the spring to take photos of the flowers in the forest. The trilliums usually blanket the forest floor back along the nature trail, near the old campfire pit. Actually, I guess it's not that the campfire pit is old, it just doesn't get used much, except for during teen camp at the end of each summer. The other camps all use the huge campfire pit up the hill, or the one near the gazebo if it is raining.
This was definitely a fun day!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the boys. It does look like you had fun and I am sure you could have made a TIDE commercial too. I especially like the one of the boys on the stairs just steps to the pond