
Hmmm, it seems that the backyard is not the only area collecting water right now! This photo was taken in the workshop and as you can see there is an awful lot of water in there. After the January thaw when our basement had water in it, Adrian plugged up the drain in the workshop because of a yucky, eggy smell I could smell every time I came in the house from outside. We traced the source of the smell to the workshop and since it was dried up and the drain plugged, no more smell. However, that meant that the water coming in right now had nowhere to go. I finally found the drain and unstopped it with Andrew holding the flashlight so I could see what I was doing. We watched the water go down for several minutes. Once the majority of it drained, we started working with the shop vac. Altogether we have sucked up more than 80 gallons of water over the last few days! That's not counting what went down the drain initially. At least it stayed in the workshop area and not the main part of the basement! Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment